WIN A BLIND DATE
At the Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa, including a Heli-Jet helicopter flight
For Valentines Day, we gave two lucky people the chance to find love in the air with Heli-Jet Aviation and the Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa.
This was an amazing chance to find love on an amazing blind date at the Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa on Friday 10th February 2017.
Two lucky people who never met before will enjoyed champagne afternoon tea and spa treatments together at this beautiful hotel.
They also took to the skies over the beautiful Bolton Abbey estate in a Heli-Jet Aviation Helicopter.
Our lucky couple were Carl Rodgers from Selby and Katie Scaife from York, both 28. See how they got on below.
About The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
The Devonshire Arms is a beautiful hotel situated in the Yorkshire Dales within the stunning Bolton Abbey Estate, and is currently Welcome to Yorkshire's Large Hotel of the Year for 2016.
A Devonshire Afternoon Tea is a Yorkshire tradition, designed and prepared by the hotel's 3AA rosette Burlington head chef Paul Evans. Helicopter flight and afternoon tea packages are on sale now for dates throughout the year. Special spa day packages are also on sale including the newly opened Rasul Mud Experience!
About Heli-Jet Aviation
Heli-Jet Aviation is a Leeds-based helicopter charter and training provider.
Their services range from local pleasure flights to nationwide charter, flight training and self-fly hire. There's a great range of gift flights which make ideal presents for birthdays, Christmas and other memorable occasions. These include pleasure flights for those wanting relaxing views over the Yorkshire Dales; trial lessons for those who want the experience and thrill of flying a helicopter, and Heli-Jet can provide charter flights to local hotels, race meetings and other locations throughout the UK.
Heli-Jet is based at Leeds Heliport, their own fully licensed airfield located close to Leeds/Bradford International Airport, providing full passenger and refuelling facilities seven days a week.
Here's how Katie and Carl got on...
See our five video updates...
- Access to the Devonshire Spa and a facial for one contestant, and a massage for the other contestant. Full Devonshire Afternoon Tea with a glass of champagne for two persons. A 15 minute charter pleasure flight from the Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa. This prize is to be taken on Friday 10th February 2017 between 12noon and 4pm.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there are no cash alternatives.
- This prize cannot be exchanged for anything else.
- This prize can only be redeemed at the Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa and Heli-jet Aviation
- Minster FM's general competition T&Cs also apply minsterfm.com/legals.php
- Competition is not open to employees and their families of UKRD, Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa or Heli-Jet.
- The two finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges.
- One entry per person.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- If you are selected as a finalist you will be required to be available for the blind date held on Friday 10th February 2017 between 12noon and 4pm at the Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa – subject to weather conditions.
- Flight times may vary either way on the day subject to Air Traffic and Operational requirements
- All costs relating to the travel and/or expenses costs relating to this competition must be met by the finalists. Minster FM, Heli-Jet Avaiation and Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa will not accept responsibility for travel costs and/or expenses relating to this competition.
- All flights are carried out subject to aircraft serviceability and operational requirements being met, as such all flights are subject to cancellation at short notice.
- In the event of your flight being cancelled for any reason whatsoever, including helicopter un-serviceability and/or inclement weather the operator (Heli-Jet Aviation) will not be responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation or any other associated costs incurred.
- Flight routes may be changed/varied on the day at the pilot or operator’s discretion due to any air traffic restrictions imposed or for operational or safety circumstances beyond our control.
- The Pilot/Instructor as Captain of the aircraft has at his/her discretion the right to refuse to carry any person onboard the aircraft whom they consider to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or who is acting inappropriately in any manner or way. The Captain’s word is final in this instance.
- All participants should ensure that they are in reasonably good health. If in doubt they should seek the medical advice of a GP.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of all passengers and guests it shall be noted that neither the aircraft owner nor the aircraft operator (Helijet Aviation) can be held liable for any loss, damage or injury to any persons or their property/belongings, which does not result from their direct negligence.
- If you are not available to take part in the date on Friday 10th February 2017 between 12noon and 4pm at the Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa your application will not be counted and you fill forfeit your place in this competition.
- All entrants must be available to appear on camera and be recorded on video and in photos as part of this competition, otherwise your application will not be counted and you fill forfeit your place in this competition.
- Finalists may be asked to complete a medical disclaimer.
- Entry closes at midnight on Tuesday 7th February 2017.
- Finalists will be notified on Wednesday 8th February 2017 and must be available to commence the competition on Friday 10th February 2017 from 12noon.
- Minster FM, UKRD and Heli-Jet and Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa cannot accept any liability for injury to any persons that may occur on the premises or within the grounds.
- The Programme Controller's decision is final.
- The contestants and winners must agree to participate in any reasonable press or PR activity relating to the prize draw.
- By entering this competition you agree that your photograph and film footage can be used online in conjunction with this competition.
- By entering this competition you agree to feature on camera in conjunction with this competition.