: Waiting for next track...

Minster FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01904 486598

Search for missing York man extends to Humberside

William Notley missing

10:08am 21st April 2013
(Updated 11:56am 21st April 2013)

UPDATE: Police searching for missing York man William Notley, also known as Bill, are concentrating their searches in Humberside after information was received that he may be in that area.

Extensive enquiries have been carried out since he was reported missing and his car was spotted travelling into the area yesterday, 20 April 2013.

Humberside Police are assisting North Yorkshire officers with local searches of the area.

Police are appealing for Mr Notley to get in touch with them or his family and let everyone know that he is safe.

Acting Inspector John Asvadi of York police, said: “Searches are concentrating in the areas north and west of Barton on Humber, however, it is possible that he may travel to other areas of the county. I am therefore appealing to anyone in the Humberside area who has seen a man matching his description or his blue Vauxhall Vectra, which may have been slept in overnight, to contact us without delay.

“I’m also appealing to Mr Notley to get in touch and let everyone know he is safe and well. His family are extremely worried about him and his absence is causing them great distress.”

Mr Notley, 56, from Copmanthorpe, was last seen by his wife just after 8am on Saturday as he left for work in Tockwith driving a blue Vauxhall Vectra, registration number KH02DHG.  

The alarm was raised after his employer called his family to say he had not turned up for work.

He is described as white, of slim build and 5ft, 6in in height. He has a naturally tanned complexion, brown eyes and light brown hair which is thinning and balding. He was wearing a burgundy zip-up fleece with “Just Travel” written on the chest with a white button-up short sleeved shirt underneath, grey trousers and brown, lace-up ‘Skechers’ trainers. 

Anyone who believes they have seen Mr Notley or knows where he is now, should call North Yorkshire Police on 101 and pass information to the force control room.

Get Local News Alerts on Your Phone