Minster FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01904 486598
 

Man Rescued From House Fire in York

Fire Engine

6:34am 12th April 2013

A man's been rescued from a house fire in York overnight.

Fire Crews were called to a property on Warwick Street at 1.50am this morning, where they say they found a man unconscious on the kitchen floor.

Another man at the property had been woken by the sound of smoke alarms and called the emergency services; say North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.

The unconscious man is reported to have been treated at the scene for burns to his hand and smoke inhalation.

The Fire Service say that extensive fire damage was caused to the kitchen, rupturing a gas line above the cooker extractor, and that there was smoke damage throughout the ground floor.

It’s thought a chip pan that was left unattended, was the cause of the fire.

Get Local News Alerts on Your Phone