Charging E-Cigarettes May Have Caused Acomb House Fire
4:08pm 14th October 2014
Firefighters say one or two charging e-cigarettes may have been the cause of a house fire in Acomb this morning.
Three people had to be taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after the fire at Oldman Court at 10.05am.
A 55 year old man, who was in bed after a night shift, was saved by a smoke alarm going off. Two women in their sixties who had tried to put out the fire in the kitchen of the house were also taken to hospital.
The kitchen has suffered extensive damage with smoke damage across the ground floor of the house.
Investigators say the e-cigarettes had been recently purchased but early investigating suggested they may have caused the fire while charging in the kitchen.
If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.