Silent killer - dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning
5:45am 19th January 2010
Three years after a brother and sister from Wakefield died - a carbon monoxide awareness campaign's is being launched.
Bobbi and Christi Shepherd were killed in corfu.
Celebrity Property Guru, Kirsty Allsop, is backing the scheme - which warns of the dagers of the gas.
Campaigners are warning that lives are being put at risk because most homes don't have a carbon monoxide alarm.
Over 80 per cent of households have no way of telling if the highly poisonous
gas is present.
Faulty or badly maintained boilers or cookers can release the colourless,
It kills at least 30 people in the UK each year.
|DAILY NEWS EMAILS: Never miss a story – get all of North Yorkshire's news in your inbox. Sign up for free!|