Discarded Cigarettes Lead To Grass Fires Near Boston Spa
6:31am 12th July 2013
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue was called out yesterday to three separate fires on the grass verge of the A1M between the junctions of Boston Spa and Bramham Crossroads. Fire engines were sent from Tadcaster, Wetherby and Stanks to deal with the fires. One of the fires measured 30 metres by 15 metres.
Hose reels and beaters were used by crews to extinguish the fires, all of which were caused by carelessly discarded cigarettes, say North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.
|DAILY NEWS EMAILS: Never miss a story – get all of North Yorkshire's news in your inbox. Sign up for free!|