Get fit, healthy and in-shape for 2017!
We've been looking for contestants to take part in the York Sport Transformation Challenge. Six contestants (3 women and 3 men) will be put through a four-week training programme under the supervision of York Sport Village's experts, each with the goal of transforming their bodies.
Win with York Sport Village
The man and the woman who each burn the greatest percentage of body fat over the four weeks will both win a year's membership to York Sport Village and 3 sessions to train on their new Velodrome opening in May.
Meet our Contestants
"I would like to make a change to myself in 2017 because I am not getting any younger and I don't like putting on more and more weight which will eventually lead to a lot of health problems in the future and I can't stand the thought of leaving my daughter without a father and my wife without a husband I need some motivation in my life now at the start of 2017 and if I could start to see some changes to my body and health wise I know this would give me the motivation to turn around my lifestyle and start to feel better about myself without looking in the mirror and in shop windows and feeling repulsed here's hoping to a new transformation in 2017."
"I want to improve my lifestyle, I became a York taxi driver 3 years ago and all jobs seem to lead to Greggs. I really want to look good for my wife."
"I'm a keen mountain biker and love been out on my bike, but with me giving up smoking 6 months ago I have put a lot of weight on so this challenge seems like something I could sink my teeth into."
"I have put on weight, approximately a stone a year, since I had twins in 2011. I am now at the point where my weight affects my ability to move around and it certainly affects my confidence.
I have tried so many different diets and exercise plans and each time I revert back to unhealthy habits.
This year I turn 40 and I want this to be the year I get 'me' back. I used to run and would love to get back to a healthy weight and to be fit enough to complete the Great North Run in September.
I am obese. I am ashamed. I would love to be supported to transform my body and get fit for 40."
"Hello..i had a hysterectomy nearly a year ago..and put weight on..i have always struggled with my weight..at 4"11 carnt afford to put any more weight on..i have recently stopped smoking..now i need a life style change..and this chance could give me the push i need..thanks for reading."
"This time lat year my Dad ws diagnosed with a brain tumour, we dicussed me running the Yorkshire marathon with the hope he would be there to see me, sadly he passed away in February. I continued to train and got to the 22k mark in the training plan but then injured my knee in May. I totally lost focus and was gutted to not be able to compete but have used it as an excuse to do nothing and eat my own body weight in anything. I really don't feel comfortable in my own skin and need a massive kick up the bum and to be answerable to someone. I also have my hubby 40th and a family wedding coming up to work towards."
Information for Entrants
Our weekly training and body-stat measuring sessions happen between 6 and 7pm on the following dates.
- Monday 16th January
- Monday 23rd January
- Monday 30th January
- Monday 6th February
- Monday 13th February
All contestants will receive a wellness check and full gym induction. All finalists will undergo an initial assessment and a basic supervised induction before using the Gymnasium or Fitness Studio equipment.
Contestants will also receive...
- One free PT session each (to be booked at their convenience)
- One group training Metafit/HIIT class with fellow contestants and a personal trainer each week (Thursdays, 7:30pm).
- Guidance and expert knowledge from their group's personal trainers.
- Optional entry into all of York Sports other fitness classes.
- Unlimited access to York Sport between Monday 16th January 2017 and Tuesday 13th February 2017
Thinking of joining a gym? Don't miss this offer:
First two month's membership free when signing up for six months...
Find out more at york-sport.com/newyear
Entry for this competition has now closed.
Prize DetailsThe winning male and female will receive:
- An annual York Sport Village full membership.
- A Bronze velodrome package (3 sessions at novice/beginner level. Please note the Velodrome opens in May).
- Membership will give full access to the gym, pools, all fitness classes and health suite.
- Membership will run for 365 days from the start date.
- This prize membership begins on 00:00, Tuesday 14th February 2017 and will end on 23:59 Tuesday 13th February 2018.
- All members of York Sport must use equipment and facilities in accordance with guidance, instruction and procedures in place from time to time.
- Any wilful, negligent or deliberate damage to the facilities and equipment may result in the termination of membership.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- The prize is non transferable, non refundable and there is no cash alternatives.
- This prize cannot be exchanged for anything else.
- This prize can only be redeemed at the York Sport Village.
- Minster FM's general competition T&Cs also apply minsterfm.com/legals.php
- Competition is not open to employees and their families of TLRC/UKRD and York Sport Village.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non refundable and there is no cash alternative.
- The six finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges.
- One entry per person.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- If you are selected as a finalist you will be required to be available for a weekly Minster FM contestant sessions (dated above) at York Sport Village.
- If you are not available to take part in the weekly contestant session your application will not be counted and you fill forfeit your place in this competition.
- All entrants must be available to take part in the competition live launch on Monday 16th of January 2017 and the final on Monday 13th February 2017.
- Finalists may be asked to complete a medical disclaimer.
- Finalists will be notified on Friday 13th January 2017 and must be available to commence the competition on Monday 16th January 2017 from 6pm at York Sport.
- Minster FM, UKRD and York Sport Village cannot accept any liability for injury to any member or guest that may occur on the premises or within the grounds of the Club.
- The Programme Controller's decision is final.
- The contestants and winners must agree to participate in any reasonable press or PR activity relating to the prize draw.
- By entering this competition you agree that your photograph can be used online in conjunction with this competition.
- By entering this competition you agree to feature on camera in conjunction with this competition.