We've been giving away a year’s free full gym membership at York Sport Village and four weeks of specialised support from a personal trainer with unlimited access to all the facilities at York Sport Village, York’s newest sports, swimming and fitness centre. Our five lucky finalists joined Simon Hudson for a weekly group class session and swap lbs for £££s as we gave £10 for every 1lb lost between 7th Jan and 4th Feb 2013.
For each of our finalists, York Sport Village coached them through a fitness programme. At the end of the competition, all finalists received £10 for each 1lb they have lost between the 7th Jan and 4th Feb 2013, and the contestant who lost the most weight won one year’s free membership at York Sport Village.
"Since stopping smoking in 2004 my weight has gone up and down I’ve tried every diet going and can never seem to keep the weight off. I work with food so its very difficult to resist the temptation of all the yummy cakes around me. I’m really wanting help to point me in the right direction and give me some motivation not only to lose the weight but keep it off for good."
"The last 7 years my wife and I have spent bringing up our twins who were 7 on Boxing day so now I think its time for me to focus on me, lose the extra 6 stone I’ve piled on over the years and refind the mo-jo in our marriage! It’s a present to my wife as a thank you for my lovely children and to show here how much I love her!!"
"I want a better, healthier lifestyle. I want to be able to run around with my children, sit comfortable on an aeroplane, buy clothes from a high street shop - all things which I haven't been able to do. I would appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your competition as it would be a huge step in the right direction for me."
"I have just bought my first home with my fiancée and we are due to move in on the 1/2/13 and i would like to lose weight and get fit so we can start our own family."
"I really need a kick up the bottom to get started on my weight loss. My friend has lost 4 stone last year and I really want to look as good as her. I have put it off time after time and have always made excuses. But not this time i'm in the right frame of mind to do this! I need to do this for myself and to set a better example to my kids."
York Sport Village, Lakeside Way, York. YO10 5FG ∙ 01904 325751
Terms and Conditions of entry
- Minster FM's general competition T&Cs also apply: www.minsterfm.com/legals.php
- Competition is not open to employees and their families of TLRC/UKRD and York Sport.
- All Prizes are non-transferable, non refundable and there is no cash alternative.
- The five finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges.
- One entry per person.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- If you are selected as a finalist you will be required to be available for a weekly Minster FM weigh-in live at York Sport between 6pm and 8pm on:
Monday 7th Jan 6pm – 8pm – (competition launch, gym induction and weigh inn)
Monday 14th Jan 6pm – 8pm – (weigh inn, and gym induction)
Monday 21st Jan 6pm – 8pm – (weigh inn & group class)
Monday 28th Jan 6pm – 8pm – (weigh inn & group class)
Monday 4th Feb 6pm – 8pm – (final, winner announcement and cash presentation)
- If you are not available to take part in the weekly weigh in your application will not be counted.
- All entrants must be available to take part in the competition live launch on Monday 7th of January and the Final on Monday 4th February 2012
- Finalists will be asked to complete a medical disclaimer.
- Entries close on Friday 4th January at 8am thereafter no entries will be counted.
- Finalists will be notified on Friday 4th January 2013 and must be available to commence the competition on Monday 7th January 2013 between 6pm and 8pm.
- Minster FM, UKRD/TLRC and York Sport cannot accept any liability for injury to any member or guest that may occur on the premises or within the grounds of the Club.
- The Programme Controller's decision is final.
Terms and Conditions of the prizes
- The winner of the competition will win a 1 year free gym membership to York Sport Village with full access to the gym, classes, swimming pool and health suite.
- The prize is non transferable, non refundable and there is no cash alternatives
- This prize cannot be exchanges for anything else
- This prize can only be redeemed at the York Sport Village
- This prize membership begins on 01.12.13 and will end on 31.01.14
- The x4 runners up in this competition will have the chance to sign up to the York Sport Village for 1 year at a special pounds for pounds discounted rate of £250 (Normally £460)
Everyone who enters this competition will automatically win a 1 day VIP gym pass worth £15 with access to the gym, pool, health suite and classes. (This will also include a fast track gym induction)