Meeting to Boost Business in Thirsk Easingwold and Stokesley
5:32pm 17th June 2013
A drive to make Hambleton District Council more ‘business friendly’ took a major step forward this month.
More than 80 business men and women came together at the Hambleton Strategic Business Forum’s first ever conference – made possible by the support of the District Council, Welcome 2 Yorkshire and the Federation of Small Businesses.
It promoted Hambleton as the place to locate and grow business. Delegates heard from keynote speakers Gary Verity, David Kerfoot and Jo Burgess – spent time with the wide range of exhibitors and took advantages of the networking opportunities.
“This was a great opportunity for Hambleton District Council to talk to companies in the area about how the authority can be even more business friendly,” said Council Leader, Councillor Mark Robson, who opened the event.
“We want to encourage businesses in the district to use us as the first point of contact for help with locating here, for advice and support - to help them grow and prosper.
“This event showed the diversity of businesses already based in the patch – I feel inspired and proud of what Hambleton businesses have to offer.”
Welcome to Yorkshire’s Chief Executive, Gary, spoke about the great opportunities that businesses can seize by being in Yorkshire as well as next year’s visit by the Tour de France. Vice Chair of the North Yorkshire and East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership, David, discussed the work of the partnership and Jo, who runs a small business in Easingwold, outlined the work of the YO61ers – a network of businesses in the YO61 area.
Business leaders were also able to:
- Find out about how to access young talent from schools and colleges in the area through North Yorkshire Business and Enterprise Partnership
- Understand the benefits of business networking, improving profile, customer base and reach from the Federation of Small Businesses and UK Trade and Investment
- Meet members of Welcome to Yorkshire and deliciouslyorkshire
- Take advantage of free one to one support, workshops and funding through Superfast North Yorkshire
- Talk to the Endeavour Partnership, a leading business law company
The Forum will now be working with Welcome to Yorkshire to put on a series of mini Tour de France roadshows – to give businesses the opportunity to find out more about the event and how they can benefit from it. Roadshows will be staged in Easingwold, Thirsk, Northallerton, Bedale and Stokesley over the coming months.
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.