Gnarls Barkley: CrazyiTunesAmazon

Minster FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01904 486598

Man Rescued From House Fire In York

Fire Engine

12:21pm 6th June 2013

A man's been rescued from a fire at a house in York. Fire crews were called to Bouthwaite Drive in the early hours of this morning, to what they initially thought was a smoke alarm going off.

When they arrived, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue say they saw smoke coming from the building and had to force entry into the property which was heavily smoke logged. They say that a man at the property was unresponsive, and crews had to carry him outside.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue say that when Ambulance crews arrived the man's condition deteriorated and he was taken to Hospital for a check up.

They add that it is believed that the man's condition was not caused by the fire but by toxic substances. They add that the fire was caused by a pan left unattended and was out on arrival of the fire service.

Email Icon Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.