Visit York Tourism Award Winners
7:49am 10th May 2013
The best and brightest of York's tourism industry were honoured in a glittering award ceremony last night which was hosted by Minster FM's very own David Green.
Among the winners were the host's York Racecourse. They won Marketing Campaign of the Year with 'Unlocking the Frankle Factor'. We spoke Head of Marketing and Sponsorship at the racecourse, James Brennan, the man behind the award winning campaign:
Winner of this year's People's Choice Award: 'The Pub/Bar of the Year', the award that is voted for by the public were The Golden Fleece. Minster FM caught up with pub landlord John Yates after the awards.
Damien told Minster FM what a suprise it was to get the award.
The best of York's tourism industry were at the awards ceremony last night. Here's a list of the winners:
- Shopping Experience of the Year - Hotel Chocolat
- Guest Accommodation of the Year - Bishops
- Self Catering, Caravan Park of the Year - Robin Hood Caravan Park
- Visitor Experience of the Year - York Mystery Plays 2012
- Cafe, Tearoom of the Year - York Cocoa House
- Conference Venue of the Year - The National Railway Museum
- Restaurant of the Year - The Oak Room at Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
- Marketing Campaign of the Year - York Racecourse - Unlocking the Frankel Factor
- Outstanding Customer Service Award - Alexandra Claydon and Samantha de la Tour, Now and Then Events
- Hotel of the Year - Middlethorpe Hall and Spa
- Visitor Attraction of the Year - Beningbrough Hall and Gardens
- People's Choice Award - Pub of the Year - The Golden Fleece
- York Tourism Ambassador - Damien Crewden, Artistic Director at York Theatre Royal
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.