New Appointments to Local Enterprise Partnership Board
7:40pm 1st May 2013
Following the appointment of the new LEP Chair, Roger Marsh, the Leeds City Region LEP welcomes today its new board members.
Roger Marsh, LEP Chair-designate, said:
“I am very pleased to announce today the full list of our private sector members to drive forward the great work undertaken by the Board over the past two years. We have appointed four talented business leaders from different sectors of our economy across the city region to help us deliver our coherent plan for sustainable economic growth across the whole region”.
“Building on the work of the previous board my overarching ambition is for the Leeds City Region LEP to be seen as essential to both the private and public sectors, focused on game-changing economic priorities for the region with adequate funding to implement them, and a delivery exemplar.”
Councillor Peter Box, Chair of the Leeds City Region Leaders Board, welcomed the appointments. He said:
“We are looking forward to working with the new board members to deliver our wider economic plans. This year is going to be very important for the Partnership as we move towards the delivery of our City Deal, and the insight and expertise of our private sector members will be critical.”
The new board members will take up their posts from May onwards for two years. The full list of new LEP Board members is as follows:
- Roger Marsh, Senior Partner, PwC (Chair Designate)
New private sector LEP Board Members
- Professor Bob Cryan, Vice-Chancellor, University of Huddersfield
- Stephen Harris, Area Director, Lloyds Banking Group
- Rashik Parmar, President, IBM Academy of Technology
- Simon Spencer, Managing Director, BorgWarner UK
Existing private sector members with renewed membership
- John Parkin, Chief Executive, Leeds/Bradford Airport
- Mark Ridgway, Managing Director of Group Rhodes, Wakefield
- Stephanie Burras, Chief Executive, Ahead Partnership
- Paul Hamer, Chief Executive Officer, WYG plc, Leeds
Local authorities are represented by the Leaders of the following Councils:
- Leeds, Cllr Keith Wakefield
- Bradford, Cllr David Green
- Kirklees, Cllr Mehboob Khan
- Wakefield, Cllr Peter Box
- Calderdale, Cllr Tim Swift
- York, Cllr James Alexander
- North Yorkshire, Cllr John Weighell
- Harrogate, Cllr Anthony Alton
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.