: Waiting for next track...

Minster FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01904 486598

Shed Fire in York Spreads to Electrical Sub-Station.

Fire Engine

7:49am 30th April 2013

A discarded cigarette is believed to have caused a fire in a shed that spread to the roof of an electrical sub-station.

A fire crew from York responded to a number of calls of a fire to a small shed in the back garden of a house on Leeman Road.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue say that when they arrived on the scene the fire had spread to the roof of an electrical sub-station which formed part of the property's boundary wall.

Fire-fighters say the shed was completely fire damaged and that the sub-station roof also suffered fire damage.

Fire crews say the fire was extinguished, and the incident was left in the hands of the NEDL engineers.

Email Icon Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.