York Families Have to Find Extra £1200 in 2013 to Meet Rising Bills
10:24am 3rd April 2013
(Updated 11:36am 3rd April 2013)
The average family in York needs to find £1,171 extra this year to cope with rising living costs.
More than half the increase comes from rising rent and increasing childcare costs.
The York Citizen's Advice Bureau have told Minster FM more people are coming to them for help.
The city council report says the increases are:
- £410 extra for rent - up 4%
- £365 extra for childcare - up 6%
- £220 extra for food and drink - up 4%
- £123 extra for gas and electricity bills - up 9%
- £21 extra for council tax - up 2%
- £19 extra for bus pass - up 4%
- £13 extra for water bills - up 3.5%
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.