Future of Malton Minor Injuries Unit Discussed Tonight
1:14pm 18th March 2013
The future of Malton's Minor Injuries Unit is being discussed at a series of public meetings.
The unit was closed at weekends and evenings for four months as the NHS tried to save £100,000.
Now the Scarborough and Ryedale Clinical Commissioning Group wants to re-open the unit at weekends but keep it closed in the evening.
Simon Cox, Accountable Officer for the CCG, said: “We feel this proposal responds to the concerns raised by local residents whilst still helping our CCG to make essential cost savings.
“The feedback from patients has largely focussed on the closure of the MIU at weekends. Coupled with our evidence that the MIU is well used during the day at weekends, we feel it is important that we look at ways to reinstate the service at these times.
“As a patient-focussed organisation and with a commitment to involving those affected by change in the decisions we make, we are proposing to hold a four-week engagement period for patients to tell us what they think of this proposal. This will involve a survey and a number of drop-in events to give people the opportunity to speak with us about our plans.
“We recognise the need to work closely with partners, such as local GPs and York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, to develop this proposal and whilst discussions are still at an early stage, we are optimistic that we can find a pragmatic solution.”
- Malton Monday 18March 2013, 6.30pm to 8:30pm, Malton and Norton Rugby Club, The Gannock, Old Malton Road, Malton YO17 7EY
- Kirkbymoorside Wednesday 20 March, 2013 10am to 12 noon, The Library, Church House, 7 High Market Place, Kirkbymoorside YO62 6AT
- Helmsley Friday 22 March 2013 10am to 12noon The Library, Town Hall, Helmsley, YO625BL
- Norton Saturday 23 March 2013 10am to 12noon The Library, Commercial Street, Norton,Malton YO17 9ES
- Malton Saturday 23 March 2013 12 noon to 2pm The Library, St Michael Street, Malton YO17 7LJ
- Pickering Monday 25 March 2013 12 noon to 2pm The Library, The Ropery, PickeringYO18 8DY
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.