MP Welcomes Proposals for Malton Minor Injuries Unit
5:31pm 8th March 2013
MP for Thirsk and Malton Anne McIntosh, MP has welcomed proposals on the future of the Minor Injuries Unit at Malton Hospital.
After a meeting with Simon Cox, Chief Accountable Officer for Scarborough and Ryedale Clinical Commissioning Group and Mike Proctor, Deputy Chief Executive at York Teaching Hospital on Friday 1st March. Anne McIntosh, welcomes his announcement of a public consultation exercise on the future of the Minor Injuries Unit at Malton Hospital.
Anne McIntosh said “This is exactly what local people have been asking for. I would like to pay thanks to Sheila Miller, Chairman of Ryedale LiNK and everyone who have campaigned hard for this to happen.”
The CCG’s findings on the MIU were accepted by the Governing Body and they have agreed for the proposal to be taken out for public comment and have asked for the report to be presented back to the Governing Body at the end of April to inform a final decision about the opening hours of the MIU.
The engagement process comprises of a series of public events and a survey to capture the views of local people towards the proposed model. The times and locations are listed below:
- Malton Monday 18March 2013, 6.30pm to 8:30pm, Malton and Norton Rugby Club, The Gannock, Old Malton Road, Malton YO17 7EY
- Kirkbymoorside Wednesday 20 March, 2013 10am to 12 noon, The Library, Church House, 7 High Market Place, Kirkbymoorside YO62 6AT
- Helmsley Friday 22 March 2013 10am to 12noon The Library, Town Hall, Helmsley, YO625BL
- Norton Saturday 23 March 2013 10am to 12noon The Library, Commercial Street, Norton,Malton YO17 9ES
- Malton Saturday 23 March 2013 12 noon to 2pm The Library, St Michael Street, Malton YO17 7LJ
- Pickering Monday 25 March 2013 12 noon to 2pm The Library, The Ropery, PickeringYO18 8DY
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.