York Council Customer Centre in Temporary Move
2:21pm 23rd January 2013
City of York Council is notifying its customers that reception services at 9 St Leonard’s Place will be temporarily relocated ahead of the opening of its new Customer Centre at West Offices in March this year.
The following services will be moving to new temporary locations:
- ·Parking Services: On the morning of Monday 28 January the reception for all parking related services and enquiries will close and will reopen at 12pm at Customer Services Library Square, alongsideservices for Council Tax, Benefits, Housing and Housing Options.
- The main reception at 9 St Leonard’s Place will close at 2pm on Thursday 31 January and will reopen on Friday 1 February in the Brierley Room on the ground floor at York Explore, Museum Street. Reception Services relocating to York Explore are:
- ·Building Control
- ·Land Charges
- ·Waste and Recycling
- ·Transport Planning
- Concessionary Travel including National Bus Passes (senior and disability), Yozone cards and Senior Persons Rail cards
- ·Conservation and Listed Buildings
- ·Network Management
- ·Licensing and Taxi Licensing
- ·City Development
- ·Education (including school meals, uniform grants, admissions and school transport).
Councillor Julie Gunnell, Cabinet Member for Corporate Services, said: “We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused by the temporary moves. This is because the council will be vacating the whole of St Leonard’s Place over the course of the next two months and the continuous presence of removal vans will make it impractical and unsafe for customers to access services from our reception point there.
"We are very much looking forward to welcoming customers to our new customer centre at West Offices opening in March where they will be able to get all their service requests and queries dealt with in a single, purpose built environment, with better facilities in more comfortable and attractive surroundings.
“In the meantime, we’d like to assure our customers that we will continue to provide all our current services with the highest standards of customer care from the temporary locations, which are just around the corner from St Leonard’s place.”
Customers with urgent queries or service requests about any of these services during the short periods of closure on 28 and 31 January are asked to call the council on 01904 551550.
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.