North Yorkshire Deals With Flooded Roads
7:08am 26th November 2012
(Updated 6:38am 27th November 2012)
North Yorkshire's been suffering some flooding as the Met Office puts out a weather warning for more rain.
Earlier, fire crews were called out to Ascot Way on Hob Moor in Acomb when a basement flooded and had to be pumped out.
Huntington Road was one of the roads which has flooded earlier, and Sarah Allison sent us this pic:
The Environment Agency say rain overnight wasn't as heavy as they expected, but are still advising people to be aware of the risks.
There are currently 24 flood warnings currently out by the Environment Agency for the North East:
- River Seven at Sinnington
- River Wear at Durham Riverside
- River Swale at Brompton-on-Swale caravan park
- Brompton Beck at Brompton - Linen Way and The Green
- River Esk at Ruswarp
- River Esk at Lealholm
- Willow Beck at Northallerton
- River Hull and tributaries in the upper Hull catchment
- Brompton Beck at Brompton - Water End and The School
- Brough Beck at Catterick - Swale Pasture Lane and Oran Lane
- Bishop Monkton Beck at Bishop Monkton
- River Swale at Kirby Wiske
- River Ure at Aldwark Bridge to Cuddy Shaw
- River Ouse at Linton Lock
- River Foss at Huntington Road and Foss Island
- River Derwent at Stamford Bridge - The Weir Caravan Park and Kexby Bridge
- River Ouse at York - St Georges Field
- River Ouse at York - riverside properties
- River Ure at Roecliffe Caravan Park
- River Ouse at Naburn Lock
- River Nidd at Hunsingore and Cattal
- River Derwent at Buttercrambe Mill
- North Cave Beck at North Cave
- Hovingham Beck at Hovingham
If you see any flooding in North Yorkshire let us know by tweeting @minsterfm or call the newsroom on 01904 486598.
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.