Pet Shop Boys: It's a SiniTunesAmazon

Minster FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01904 486598
 
Howard and Byrne Solicitors, York - Criminal Defence Specialists

Two North Yorkshire Fires Caused by Cooking Left Unattended

Fire_Engine3.jpg

5:30am 25th October 2012

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue attend two fires which were caused by cooking being left unattended.

The first was in Newby, Scarborough, where some sausages were left unattended in a grill pan according to fire fighters. Adding that the fire was out on the arrival of the fire service but the sausages were 100% fire damaged!

The second incident was in Haxby, York and involved a chip pan full of lard, according to North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. They added that the chip pan set fire to the cooker hood causing 20% fire damage to the hood and 20% smoke damage to the whole house.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue ask residents to remember to never leave cooking unattended!Adding; a moment's distraction could be all it takes for a pan or grill to catch fire.

Email Icon Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates
.

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
Howard and Byrne Solicitors, York - Criminal Defence Specialists
Close

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.