Patient set on fire during an operation in North Yorkshire
12:49pm 1st March 2012
(Updated 1:39pm 1st March 2012)
A patient has been set on fire during an operation at a North Yorkshire hospital.
Liz Booth, Director of Operations, said:
“I can confirm that during a surgical procedure a solution used to clean the skin ignited, causing skin burns to the patient.
“The skin burn was treated immediately and the patient was kept in hospital over night. As a precaution the patient was transferred to Castle Hill for further assessment and on return was discharged.
“We are extremely sorry for any pain and distress caused to the patient.
"A full investigation commenced within minutes of the incident occurring and a final report will be produced and shared with the family.”
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.