High value burglary near Ripon
10:57am 5th July 2011
(Updated 11:07am 5th July 2011)
Detectives are making a fresh appeal for information following a burglary in West Tanfield.
The burglary occurred on Tuesday 24th May 2011 when the theft of an antique barometer was reported. The homeowners have now returned to the address and discovered that other items were stolen during the burglary.
As well as the barometer the burglars stole an antique mahogany German mantel clock which is 18in tall, 10in wide with a brass face and two gold finials and valued at around £1,000. The thieves also took a cream McKenna jewellery box and a large quantity of jewellery;
- a gold and diamond tennis bracelet
- a panther line bracelet
- an 18in gold link chain
- a gold rope bracelet
- a 24ct Venezuelan cacique in a mount on a gold rope chain (a cacique is a type of bird)
- a pair of diamond and platinum earrings and four pairs of gold hoop earrings
- a gold sapphire and diamond pendant
- a 9ct octagonal St Christopher pendant on a 20in chain
- a white gold wedding band, a garnet cluster ring
- a pearl and peridot ring, an opal and diamond ring
- an emerald and diamond gold ring, a ladies oval gold faced watch.
Also stolen were three bottles of Memon champagne and a two piece carbon fibre fishing rod with reel.
PICTURED: Stolen Clocks
Detective Constable Karl Middlemiss, of Northallerton CID who is investigating the theft, said:
“All of the stolen items are very distinctive and I am certain that if they have been offered for sale people will remember them.
“I ask that if anyone has been offered any items matching the description of the stolen clock and jewellery that they contact the police immediately.”
If you can assist with this enquiry please contact DC Karl middlemiss at Northallerton Police Station on 0845 60 60 24 7 quoting reference number 12110084662. Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.