Teenager Hit and Run driver faces jail
3:45pm 29th September 2010
(Updated 12:39pm 30th September 2010)
The hit-and-run driver, responsible for the death of York youngster Sean Hamilton, will be sentenced on Thursday 30th September 2010.
18 year old John Smith from Carlton cried in court earlier this month as he pleaded guilty to causing Sean's death by careless driving, failing to stop and failing to report the collision.
He's also been banned from driving and has been told he'll received a jail sentence.
Phil was Sean's under 11's coach at Acorn Rugby Club.
He says it's an emotional time for the whole family:
This Sunday it's exactly a year to the day since Sean was knocked down on Holgate Road.
A fund-raising events being held at Acorn Rugby Club to raise cash for a memorial bench in Sean's honour.
(PICTURED: Sean Hamilton)
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.