North Yorkshire Harvest Begins Today
5:56am 1st September 2014
If you live in York or North Yorkshire, could you help tackle food poverty in the region?
The Yorkshire harvest is running from 1st-30th September and is aiming to replenish local charities stocks of food and other goods.
Donations are going to Carecent, who provide breakfast for homeless and vunerable people in York, foodbanks in York, Ryedale and Richmond and Hambleton Food Share which also works in Easingwold.
The donation points are:
- York at the children's centres based at Carr Junior School in Ostman Road; Haxby Road Primary School; Knavesmire Primary School; Tang Hall Primary School; Westfields Primary School; Clifton Green Primary School; Hob Moor Community Primary School; St Lawrence's Primary School; New Earswick Primary School (all 8.30am to 5pm on weekdays).
- Energise in Cornlands Road and Yearsley Pool in Haley's Terrace.
- Sainsbury's at Monks Cross during opening hours.
- During office hours at The Press in Walmgate, the council HQ in Station Rise, York Mix at 5-6 King's Court; Minster FM in Chessingham Park, Dunnington; Radio York in Bootham Row; the Gazette and Herald in Yorkersgate in Malton; Stray FM in Hornbeam Park Avenue, Harrogate.
What to donate:
- Tinned fish, meat, fruit, tomatoes and puddings
- Baked beans and tinned spaghetti
- Long life fruit juice
- Powdered or UHT milk
- Pasta sauces
- Tea bags or instant coffee
- Instant mash potato
- Jam and marmalade
- Biscuits or snack bars
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.