20,000 Potential New Jobs in North Yorkshire
7:15am 21st May 2014
(Updated 8:14am 21st May 2014)
Projects in North Yorkshire could benefit from £62,000,000 which could create up to 20,000 jobs according to the Strategic Economic Plan from York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Enterprise Partnership.
Chairman Barry Dodd has said there are 4 clear aims:
• Create 20,000 new jobs
• Deliver £3 billion growth
• Connect every student to business
• Double house building
The government will decide on which of the 23 bids to approve this summer.
Projects that could benefit include roads in Malton, Selby and York, with a potential £24,000,000 available to improve them and also a further £12,000,000 for the A1079.
The list of 23 bids that will be considered:
- Business Growth Hub
- Housing growth at Scarborough
- Newlands Bridge Drax-M62
- Growth at Catterick Garrison
- Housing and employment growth at Northallerton
- Housing and Employment Growth Site at Selby
- Harrogate College
- National Agri-Food Innovation Campus
- Maintain category 4 Roads serving North Yorkshire Growth Towns
- A1079 York - Hull Package
- East Riding Road Maintenance Scheme
- Askham Bryan College - Agricultural Skills
- Askham Bryan College -Engineering Centre
- Employment Growth Site at Sherburn in Elmet
- York Bio-Hub
- Rural Business Led Growth Scheme
- Major Employment Growth in Skipton
- Improvements to the York - Harrogate - Leeds Rail Line
- Harrogate A1/A59 Junction
- Business Growth Grants
- Yorkshire Coast College
- East Riding College - Bridlington Campus
- Supporting new coastal growth opportunities
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.