Avicii: Hey BrotheriTunesAmazon

Minster FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01904 486598

Man Treated for Smoke Inhalation After York Fire

Fire Engine

1:05pm 13th December 2013

A 57 year old man's being treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in York.

Firefighters found the man hanging out of the first floor window at the house on Philadelphia Terrace before he was able to get on to the roof of a bay window. He was rescued at 11.05 this morning, twenty minutes after the fire broke out, and taken to York Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Transco are at the scene and making the gas supply safe after fears the fire could have been caused by a gas leak.

The man was alone in the house at the time, although his neighbours either side weren't at home, other houses nearby were evacuated. Nearby Millthorpe Primary School kept it's gates closed this lunchtime as a precaution.


Email Icon Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.