Vigilance Urged In Selby After 2 in 1 Burglary
7:45am 13th November 2013
Selby police are appealing for witnesses and warning residents to be vigilant following an overnight 2 in 1 Burglary in Appleton Roebuck.
Officers say that between 10.30pm on Monday 11 November and 6.30am the following morning, the suspects have entered a property on Main Street where they have taken the car keys before stealing a black, 2010 registered, Land Rover Discovery from the driveway.
Officers are asking for the public’s help as they continue to investigated the burglary.
In particular, they are appealing for information about the current location of the Land Rover or anyone who has seen any suspicious vehicles, people or activity in the Appleton Roebuck area, either in the hours leading up to the burglary, or anyone who saw or heard the burglary take place.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2, and ask for Steven Baron.
You can also email information to email@example.com
If you would prefer to remain anonymous, information can be passed to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Quote the North Yorkshire Police reference number 12130196355 when passing on information about this incident.
Police are urging residents to be vigilant and take as many crime prevention measures as possible, please follow our basic crime prevention advice to help keep these crimes to a minimum:
- Hide your keys away at night where thieves cannot see them or easily find them
- Don’t tempt thieves by leaving valuables on view through windows, letterboxes or cat-flaps.
- Always lock your car and remove valuables
- Keep your car in the garage if you have one. If thieves can’t see your car – they can’t steal it.
- Fit a car alarm or tracking device if finances allow and remember to use them
- Lock doors, windows garages, sheds and gates – even when you are at home
- Don't leave garden implements or tools outside as thieves can use these to gain entry to your property
- Leave a light and radio on when you go out at night
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.