Do the Tories represent the working class?
3:16pm 15th January 2010
Does North Yorkshire's Tory candidates for the next general election represents the workclass?
Well according to the GMB Union, the answers "no".
It says only 3 out of 9 are from the six lower occupational groups which employ 50% of the county's workforce.
Here's a list of the candidates for North Yorkshire
1) Harrogate and Knaresborough, Andrew Jones, Occupation: Sales and Marketing
2) Richmond (Yorks), William Hague, Occupation: Management Consultant
3) Ryedale, John Greenway, Occupation: Insurance Broker
4) Scarborough and Whitby, Robert Goodwill, Occupation: Farmer
5) Selby and Ainsty, Nigel Adams, Occupation: Business
6) Skipton and Ripon, Julian Smith, Occupation: Director
7) Thirsk and Malton, Anne McIntosh, Barrister
8) York Central, Susan Wade Weeks, Occupation: Advertising
9) York Outer, Julian Sturdy, Occupation: Farmer
(PICTURED: North Yorkshire MP, William Hague)
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.