Calls for York to be 'Greenest in the North'
7:02pm 10th July 2013
York could see more council tax rises if action isn't taken to cut landfill taxes, according to Lib Dems in the city.
They want York to be the greenest city in the North and claim recycling rates and bus numbers are down under Labour.
The Lib Dem plan would see:
- A commitment for York to have the highest recycling rates in the North
- Bring in a food waste recycling scheme
- Boost the number of green jobs.
- Commit to reducing CO2 emissions in the city.
- Work with other parties on renewablw energy, food waste and ways to tackle fuel poverty and boost energy efficiency.
The proposals will be put forward at the city council's meeting on the 18th July.
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.